Water Soluble Waxes:
Water Soluble Waxes are widely used in investment casting industry and are used to achieve internal cavity in a casting and perfectly suited for making hollow items.
- Water soluble wax is special product used for manufacturing of soluble cores to create critical internal shapes
- Water soluble waxes can be used for any type of core configuration
- Water soluble fibers contained formulations can increase strength and resistance to cracking
Advantages of water soluble waxes
- Water soluble waxes are ease to inject like any other waxes
- They have good surface finish
- They have ability to produce many types and shapes of cores dimensions
- They have excellent dimensional stability.
- They can be easily leached from the patterns.
How to use water soluble waxes
Water soluble waxes are different to other wax products. They are high in viscosity and have different melting characteristics. Here are some points below which will help you in using a water soluble wax-
1. Melting of wax.
- Melt the wax in a tank till it gets thick liquid
- While melting the wax should be continuously aggregated or stirred using mixing tools
- Entrap of air should be avoided while aggregating the wax
- Producing of water soluble cores: Use of water soluble cores should be done with care
- Care must be taken while filling injection tank and avoid air trap in tank while filling.
- Injection temperature should be perfectly set to achieve good surface finish of cores
- Die chilling is very important to increase productivity and avoid shrinkage of cores.
- For better die release of the core, oil base die release agents or Greece can be used.
- Injected Water-Soluble Cores must be stored properly avoiding contact with heat and Moisture.
- Finished Water Soluble Cores can be used for Wax Pattern Production by placing the Soluble Core in to the tooling before injecting the wax.
- Injected Wax Patterns should be allowed for complete solidification.
- Water-soluble core should be leached out from the wax pattern with the help of mild acidic water. When the core material comes in contact with acid, dispersing of the core is started. To accelerate this process there should be light stirring of the acid bath. Also the acid should be replaced once it lost its strength.
- After complete leaching of the core, wax patterns should be inspected properly and used for the production.
- Cores can be removed by immersion in a 10% solution of hydrochloric acid
- Citric acid may be substituted but this will increase the wax removal time
- A separate technical advice sheet is available on leaching of water soluble wax products
- Wash patterns in clean water after removal from tank
- To prevent deterioration of surface patterns should be stored in an airtight container
- Any residues should be neutralized with a suitable material and then disposed of with normal foundry waste
Saffroshine Pvt. Ltd. is the leading manufacturer and supplier of water soluble waxes in across the world. Please connect with our wax expert for getting customized consulting solutions for your requirement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91-217-2357272.